Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Showing weather places in Oil Painting

Well here in Ireland the weather has been quite showery more than last few weeks and with no sign of stopping I think that the types of paintings that might demand to people could be those that show humid weather and places we would really like to experience. That's why I thought this sight would be an appealing candidate. I am effective in oils on a 16" x 20" canvas. Here I have posted the growth shots of my undercoating stage, completed more or less in the above explosion.

To transfer my picture onto the canvas, I draw it out on parchment paper and I put a sheet of paper enclosed in charcoal under this face down onto the canvas. I then go over each line with a pen that no longer facility. I put a book under the canvas to put off damage from leaning too hard on it. The result is an outline illustration on the canvas in charcoal.

No comments: