Thursday, February 11, 2010

In present-day of Modern Art Paintings

My art is contemporary, literally speaking: a creation of its times. Vanguard, on the contrary, represents the most original – neither improved nor worse; likes the sharp point of a spear which opens up new paths. However, that pointed point needs all the power and weight of the relax of the spear, the weight of Art History. Without all this History, there is no drive to open up new ways. Art represent newness, novelty, surprise, the truth and the fake, a risky and charming bet.

However, what machinations I am to draw from the classic and contemporary traditions, to get deeper into the walked path, and to remain vigilant – like many other artists – to provide artists with a solid foundation. Much in the same way as an older brother holds his youngest brother’s hand with attraction as the intrepid child peeks, with amazing daring and no fear, into the abyss. I need to keep an eye on the group because it keeps me young as an artist, it cleanses me, and it clears up my spirit so that my view doesn’t sour. I am a part of the body of the lance and, from that vantage point; I observe with fascination the young sharp art poking at the same time as I draw from the magnificent work of the masters of all times, the influential legacy that sustains us.

No comments: